Pages

7/2/11

God's Love We Deliver Meal Prep



This is the first meal related project that I did. Just so you know, I ain't that good in cooking but my Abah is SUPERB at it. I wonder why doesn't I inherit the skill from him (it's proven here because every time I cook, my food doesn't have any resemblance w/ the one that he prepared, both 'rupa'wise and 'rasa'wise, AT ALL, even though he already provided me w/ the recipes and I wonder why is that so. Maybe the 'masak sedap' traits had gone astray for this one. heh). Okay2. Back to this project.


For this one, I'm helping in preparing meals for an organization which is called God's Love We Deliver (GLWD). Basically what is done by GLWD is preparing meal and deliver it to people who are within the tri-state area's who are too sick to prepare food for themselves. The task for the volunteer can be divided into two big categories which are helping in the kitchen and delivering the meals. And for this particular project, I choose to help in the kitchen. My task today ranging from peeling potatoes to cutting onion, which I can say quite a tough job especially when you were given bag after bag of potatoes and never-ending amount of onion to peel and it also made my eyes turn red and my tears were on the edge of bursting out. Luckily I manage to handle the situation and preventing it from flooding out. 

During the very-hard-task-assigned-because-I-need-to-deal-with-LOTS-of-onions, I've made few friends which surprisingly come from professional field. I figure out that some of them were engineer and lawyer, which I could hardly tell based on their appearance alone and they did these things because they want to. They couldn't care less about these people but when I asked them why they do this kind of stuff, they just give simple answered because they wanted to do so w/o any particular reason or having personal interest. These people had shown me that being in a professional field is not an excuse for not helping out. It doesn't lower their status at all but have an opposite effect instead. InsyaAllah if I ever be a professional in the future, i'll make sure to try to give back to the community in any possible ways because it can be done and it was shown by these people :)




I do keep all my name tags :D

No comments: